I am NOT kidding when I say I have had these oats every single day since I made these for the first time! So… for 10 days straight I have gone to bed literally so excited to wake up just to eat this dang oatmeal! I strongly felt I had to share this masterpiece so that you all can also enjoy this gourmet meal.
Healthy. Filling. Delicious. Chocolate. Those are my top four factors when considering what to eat and this recipe checks all the boxes. BONUS: This takes like a whole 5 minutes to make. So it’s perfect for those mornings that you are in a rush or are just feeling lazy.
So here it is: CHOCOLATE PROTEIN OATS!
- 1/2 Cup Whole Grain Oats (I used quick oats, but rolled oats are also a great option)
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (or any choice of milk/water)
- 1/2 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 4 Dashes Cinnamon
- 1 Dash Salt
- 1/4 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Granola (My all time favorite granola is Bear Naked Cacao & Cashew Butter)
- 1 Banana
- Combine oats, milk, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Microwave for 2.5-3 minutes depending on your microwave!
- Stir in chocolate protein powder + unsweetened cocoa powder
- Top with granola and banana
AND THAT’S IT!
This actually tastes like a delicious chocolate bar. I have never liked oatmeal before this. I have tried so many different recipes but have not been able to find one that tastes good without adding a butt ton of sugar. This really is so healthy with no added sugar (except a little from the granola). Did you know oats are one of the most nutrient dense foods you can eat? (Read here for more benefits of eating oats)
- Calories – 475
- Protein – 19g
- Carbs – 81g
- Fiber – 12g
- Sugar – 26g (19.5g from banana, 6g from granola, .5g from protein)
- Fat – 12g
Chia seeds are a proven super food and are basically tasteless in oatmeal, smoothies, or sprinkled on top of your dinner. They just add that extra boost of nutrition! Chia seeds are loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, fiber, protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and can help you lose weight among many other benefits! (Read here for more benefits of chia seeds).